Friday, September 16, 2016

Famous Female Fotogs

OK... ya know I have this thing for alliteration, so I'm assuming you will forgive me.  I'm preparing for out Open Studios here at Running with Scissors on October 1st and then a few days later, JK and I head off to Germany for the Berlin Foto Biennial 2016.  I will have two pieces from my Domestic Considerations series in the show and I want to be there at the opening. 

The reason I was invited to show work there was because I was one of the finalists in the Julia Margaret Cameron competition.  So far, I've been 3 for 3 since I began to enter them in 2014.  Cameron is considered to be the earliest "important" woman photographer who didn't even start taking photos until she was 48.

In  a recent issue of Art Forum, they have a video of the famous Nan Goldin talking about Cameron.  I thought it was insightful and echos some of my problems working with guy photographers.  Give it a look. 

In the meantime, here is a photo from my trip to Chicago this past August.  It's looking down the stairs at the Chicago Contemporary Museum, which I highly recommend.


No comments:

Post a Comment