Friday, September 5, 2014

Budapest, I Didn't Know You ...

I have an image in  Personality: The Contemporary Portrait, a juried international photography exhibition which runs from September 23 – October 13, 2014 at:

PH21 Gallery
Szkéné Theatre
Budapest University of
Technology and Economics
H-1111 Budapest

So for those of you who can't ply on over to see this show, here's a link to my image.  This is the same photo that was an honorable mention at last year's New York Center for Photographic Art's "Water" show in New York.  

One of my Webist artist friends, Dan McCormack also has a photo in this show.  You can click here to see his work.

But to give credit where it is due - a shout out to Elizabeth Opalenik!  Now only is she an amazing photographer but also an excellent teacher.  I shot this during one of her workshops that I took two years ago.  Elizabeth, thank you for your generosity and grace in helping other artists find their way in this world.  Her work is amazing and you can see it here.

Here's a portrait of John Maruka, a guy I met while standing outside MOMA in San Francisco a few years ago.  He and I are FB friends now.  He's a wonderful photographer who is dealing with some health issues, but looks like he's kicking butt in his recovery.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment