Thursday, May 8, 2014

Is it Real Or

is it Memorex?  I'm probably spelling it incorrectly, but if you're my age you probably know I'm talking about an ad that was about taped versus live music.  In our digital age with photoshop masters and mistresses galore, we can pose the same question about photography.  My specialty is making digital alchemy where combining images to create new meaning is my artistic focus.  But I also shoot for editorial (or commercial) purposes as well as head-shots and portraits.   With actor head-shots one must not gussy them up too much as the casting directors want to see the same person as they see in the photograph, not someone 10 years older whose photo has been "improved". 

In social media sometimes we're fooled by photos.  But now there is a service that can detect if a photo has been doctored.  Click HERE to read about it in the New York Times Lens Blog.  Many thanks to Maddi Ring of the Professional Womens Photographers for passing

No comments:

Post a Comment